|Aug. 22nd, 2009 10:35 am Upgrade Woes|
On Thursday, I finally got my Linux box upgraded to a current version of the openSUSE distribution -- after several failures over the last year and a half or so. 3 comments - Leave a comment
But, I've got a couple of things that aren't or may not be working the way they were before (and I haven't checked everything -- like the Tomcat stuff)
First, I've been getting e-mails off of many of my cron jobs, but not the ones I'd expect. I've been getting delivery failures. I hope I've fixed that by running the mail configuration program, but we'll see.
Second, I just discovered that my backup program has failed. A few years ago after having problems with tar not actually backing up everything (fortunately not discovered when something was lost), I switched to using dar. But openSUSE no longer ships with dar. So I've got to find another way to do the backups.
And dar was really nice, it could do incremental backups, so I only had to do a full back up once a week and could still restore to a point within the last 24 hours in most cases.
Oh well. This is Linux, so the problem isn't just solvable, its probably already been solved. I just have to find the solution and make it work for me.
That is exactly what I ended up doing. Alas, I'd started to get ready to use another backup, so I have to run a full backup this afternoon and hope it is done before the next full back up kicks off at midnight.
Now, if I can just figure out what I need to tweak to get my e-mail routing correctly...