Break the class into groups (of one or more students) and assign each group one of the winter Olympic sports, and have them produce a report or presentation explaining the mechanics of the sport.
Most of the spots would have at least a few principles involved. Off the top of my head:
- Figure Skating - Angular Momentum, momentum, friction
- Speed Skating - momentum, and inelastic collisions for short track
- Downhill Skiing and Snow Cross - gravity, angular momentum, friction
- Cross Country Skiing - friction (not much here)
- Snowboard Half-pipe, freestyle aerials - gravity, momentum, angular momentum
- Sliding Sports - gravity, friction, momentum, angular momentum
I'm sure in the hands of the right teacher and the right set of students, a very good set of presentations could result.