|Mar. 26th, 2008 10:04 am Another data point to define "frustrating"|
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been updating the DucKon registration database program to validate the special badges. Part of this prevents it from actually issuing a badge number (which will also prevent it from printing the badge itself) until we have the necessary information for the special badges.
I had tested this pretty well for staff badges -- which have the biggest issue because I also added some additional checks there -- but hadn't tried on GoH badges, until I got a few quiet minutes this morning.
I dug up the e-mail that had our GoH contact information and started adding them. But I got stopped after adding the record. My servlet that processes new and updated memberships threw a "null pointer exception," which then spread to the JSP page that displays the information as well.
I was able to find and fix at least one of the bugs from work, but I cannot actually put the fix onto the system to test or verify it since I require access to at least two Unix systems (my system at home where I do testing, and the production system), and I cannot use ssh to connect to servers outside of the firewall.
So, I've got a bug that is probably fixed (and another I'll need to track down, since I lost the location), but I'm stuck until I get home this afternoon before I can see if I've fixed it. I also cannot add any more GoH memberships since I add them in a specific order to get specific badge numbers, and all of the others will probably throw the same errors if I try.Leave a comment