RonO (rono_60103) wrote,


(No, not a Joss Wheadon related post)

Shortly before leaving yesterday, with the help of one of my coworkers I updated one of the files in my current build and kicked off a new build. When I got in this morning I loaded it up, and encountered the same error. A quick check determined that the file I'd replaced hadn't actually be compiled, and the object file was still from the old source.

So I did the equivalent of a "make clean," or I at least tired. Net result, the object file in question was still there. Now I've manually removed just that file and kicked off a new build. If this fails, I'm in for the long sequence of deleting everything and getting fresh copies from perforce (about a 1-2 hour process a lot of the time) and then a full build (another 1-2 hours).

Hey, at least I have work to do!

  • Life Report/Trip Report

    When last I posted way at the other end of this surprisingly long February, I had a job, and a potential house.  Since then, Tara and I have packed…

  • Life Updates

    For the few people who only see my updates from my blog (or LiveJournal which mirrors my blog), here are a couple of updates on my life: 1: I have…

  • Transitions

    This morning, I was called into a meeting with my bosses boss.  As soon as he asked for the meeting, I was pretty sure what the meeting was about,…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded